DD

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

3 страниц V   1 2 3 >  
Ответить в данную темуНачать новую тему
> MSN Entertainment, 'I just don't know what I'd be tweeting'
Белая Тигрица
сообщение 13.4.2010, 10:24
Сообщение #1

Из: палаты №6.

David Duchovny to 'X-Files' Fans: Don't ever utter 'I grew up watching you'

WonderWall, April 12, 2010
By Melissa Hunter

Starring in "The Joneses" opposite Demi Moore, David Duchovny plays the ideal man living a dream life -- with his perfect wife, beautiful children, and a big ol' mansion -- too bad all of it is fake. In reality, they're stealth marketers, selling a lifestyle to their friends and neighbors (most of which requires the purchase high-ticket items).

With a masters from Yale, a hugely successful career, a gorgeous wife and, you know, his own unabashed handsomeness, it's really no wonder this guy was cast as the ultimate dream man. I had the pleasure of interviewing Mr. Perfect and lemme tell ya, the man does not disappoint. Read on to hear his thoughts on educated actors, Twitter and what to never say to him about "The X-Files."

How do you stay authentic in an otherwise commercialized industry?

Duchovny: It's always about authenticity even if you're in the most fake circumstance. I think that's always been my aspiration is to be authentic in the right venue. And then there are times you're authentic in an interesting way, where you're larger than life. And I think the general tenor of movies today are in that vein ... above authenticity, not better, just above. But my wheelhouse is more authentic, I think. Or maybe I'm just scared s---less of trying to go bigger.

Do "X-Files" fans still approach you?

DD: Yeah. Though it's discouraging with [young] people coming up to me and saying 'I grew up watching you.' That's starting to happen to me and I really think it's disgusting. And I really want to discourage anyone from saying that to me.

Any big plans for your *gasp* 50th birthday?

DD: Tea's been threatening, but I hope she doesn't follow through. I generally don't like to celebrate birthdays anyway ... I had a big 40th; Tea threw me a surprise 40th and that was a total surprise. It's the only surprise party I've ever had. And I don't need another. I'm satisfied by that one. I warned her [to not throw another], but she likes a party.

What advantages did you have with your higher education as an actor?

DD: I know how to break down a script. A lot of actors who haven't studied in college, they're handicapped in the beginning breaking down a script and figuring it out in that way, so that just came as second nature ... I'm happy that I studied Shakespeare and Beckett ... If you can hang on and not get crushed by them. I think that's the danger of studying great authors at a young age. There has to be a way of teaching the greats without squashing somebody's nascent interest of actually creating yourselves.

As a writer, do you think you'll ever cave and join Twitter?

DD: No, I need more letters ... I suppose with such a short burst of words, you can bring attention to stuff. It also feels to me like it's kind of just superficial because you can't really go that deep. But the President tweets and everybody's tweeting, so who am I? I just don't know what I'd be tweeting. If I ever feel the urge to throw 20 characters at somebody, I'll do it.

How do you instill values in your children given the privilege that comes with celebrity parents?

DD: It's hard. I've talked about this with Tea. My kids probably have six pairs of shoes or sneakers. I had one pair of sneakers, one pair of shoes when I was growing up, so I knew what I was going to put on, there was no discussion. With my kids, they take time and it's kind of a drag. For them too. They gotta make a choice. Sometimes I think, let's not give them a choice. Let's just get 'em the one thing. But in some ways you know we let the cat out of the bag already. They know that six pairs exists for them. I think we just try to instill decent values. Sharing, gratitude.

How has working with Showtime differed from your other work?

DD: Aside from a few exceptions, I think [Showtime] is the most creative control and power you can have in the marketplace in making TV or film today. Because film is so reliant on hitting those four quadrants, blah, blah, blah -- satisfying a 12-year-old boy and a 60-year-old woman. And what kind of movie is that? Not one I want to see. And that's the kind of movies people are trying to make. And we see all these movies that are made for kids ... And I guess it works because they make money but I'm bored, I don't like them. So being able to work on Showtime... It's fun and it's a responsibility and when it's no good, its really your own fault.

+Цитировать сообщение
A.N.Onym
сообщение 13.4.2010, 14:39
Сообщение #2

Как всегда умное и интересное интервью. Понравился ответ Дэвида про современное кино.

+Цитировать сообщение
Fenix
сообщение 13.4.2010, 16:15
Сообщение #3

Спасибо за такое хорошее интервью, Тигри! smile.gif

+Цитировать сообщение
Monday
сообщение 14.4.2010, 2:14
Сообщение #4

Насчет Твиттера согласна smile.gif Не устаю поражаться тому, какие они с Теа разные и как в то же время чудесно сосуществуют вместе ddcool.gif

Цитата
DD: Yeah. Though it's discouraging with [young] people coming up to me and saying 'I grew up watching you.' That's starting to happen to me and I really think it's disgusting. And I really want to discourage anyone from saying that to me.

Вот вам и объяснение smile.gif Очень хорошо понимаю Дэвида yes.gif

+Цитировать сообщение
Белая Тигрица
сообщение 14.4.2010, 7:58
Сообщение #5

Нет, я в этом моменте вообще не поняла его rolleyes.gif
Почему это отвратительно?

+Цитировать сообщение
Виктория
сообщение 14.4.2010, 8:11
Сообщение #6

Честно говоря, я тоже...

+Цитировать сообщение
Helga
сообщение 14.4.2010, 9:13
Сообщение #7

Он что, имеет в виду нас, следящих за ним?

+Цитировать сообщение
Белая Тигрица
сообщение 14.4.2010, 9:16
Сообщение #8

Нет, он говорит о том, с чем начал сталкиваться в последнее время: к нему подходит молодежь - фанаты СМ - и говорит "Знаете, мы выросли на вашем сериале"

+Цитировать сообщение
Helga
сообщение 14.4.2010, 9:20
Сообщение #9

Тогда действительно, что плохого?

+Цитировать сообщение
Белая Тигрица
сообщение 14.4.2010, 9:21
Сообщение #10

Придет Mon - объяснит, надеюсь pardon.gif
Потому что я правда не догоняю